All of Junior and Leaving Certificate students are in our Thoughts and Prayers ahead of the start of state examinations.
Parents and Students are reminded to make sure they have a copy of the exam timetable with each of their own individual examinations highlighted, noting in particular the different starting and finishing times for different levels.
All students must be present in the exam centre half an hour before the first examination begins.
Allow plenty of time for your journey.
Make sure you have all required materials for each examination - pens and spares, pencils pointed, maths set, calculator, colouring pencils, small ruler, sharpener and eraser etc.
Have a good breakfast of slow release carbohydrates e.g. porridge or bread and /or protein such as eggs.
In the examination:
- Read all questions in order to decide which questions you will score best in.
- Underline key terms in the questions – what exactly do you have to do?
- Do the questions you know best first to give yourself a confidence boost but don’t keep writing just because you know a lot – answer what you’re asked.
- Tick off the sections as you go along – it’s easy to skip a section when a question has multiple parts.
- Know your timings – don’t overrun on 1 question and leave yourself short of time in another.
- Attempt the correct number of questions – a blank page will not get any marks!
- Keep an eye on the marking scheme for guidance as to the correct number of points needed etc.
- Read over everything at the end. If you have time, attempt another question.
Students must remain in the exam centre until the examination until is finished – you have studied for 2-3 years for this examination so make every minute of the exam count.
Once an exam is over, leave it as you can't change anything and move forward positively to the next subject. Avoid discussing the paper with others – what’s done is done!
Good Luck to you all.
PRAYER FOR EXAM STUDENTS
Lord, as I face into examination time, I turn once more to you asking for your blessing and assistance.
I ask you to give me peace of mind with a strong sense of work at this time.
Help me to keep focussed on this task and not get too distracted by other aspects of my life.
Keep me from getting into a panic and help me to do justice to all my work and preparations.
On the days of my examinations keep me calm, help me to think clearly and understand what I am being asked and so to recall the study and work I have put in so far this past year.
Above all Lord, I ask that you will allow my efforts to bring about the life you have planned for me, may I be open to your vision of what you wish for me and may I accomplish this now and in my future life.